Tuesday 27 October 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 3 | LAYOUT AND EDITING

Once I had settled on a front cover for the book:



I had a colour scheme that I wanted to use. The images in the book should match the colour scheme in my opinion, so I experimented using different tones of blue using the duo-tone mode to get this effect:


Once all of the images were edited in different shades of blue, it was time to experiment with layouts. Looking at the books from village, I found that the books that made use of white space and full bleed images were the most effective, so I decided to try this for myself:




It's quite difficult to see here, as the pages have a white background, but some of the images overlap onto the other side of the spread. The next stage would be to produce a mock-up to see whether the layout works, and to see of the size of the book is effective. 


No comments:

Post a Comment