Monday 5 October 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 1 | CONTENT RETHINK

After reading my content back with my finished leaflet I've decided to have a think about the approach I want to take regarding my target audience and who the information is useful for. My content at the moment is quite a straight forward approach, addressing the designer with information that they're probably already aware of.

A lot of people have taken a more relaxed approach to the brief, from what I have seen so far during crits and feedback sessions. I think this is very effective, but not really appropriate for what I'd like to do. I think a leaflet explaining the design process would be best suited towards the client, as there are often horror stories of unreasonable clients not understanding the process or why the designer is doing what they're doing.

I want to keep my same layout and design, as I feel it's appropriate for the leaflet to be simple and the information presented in a clear, uncomplicated way for the client to understand it. The leaflet could be given to the client at the beginning of a project, or even before the project has been started. This will ensure the client and the designer both understand each other better, and have improved communication throughout the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment