Sunday 1 November 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 3 | CHANGE IN AESTHETIC

After looking at the full version of my book, I decided that something wasn't quite right. The aesthetic didn't seem to fit what I had in mind in the end, so I decided to further experiment with the cover, so it could possibly lead to a full change within book.

I looked back at my other covers, and decided to go for a more contemporary feel:

I reverted back to the red and blue, as I felt it was more of a traditional colour scheme to go with, and people are more likely to associate this with Amsterdam in general. I decided to stick with the duotone, but change this so that the images were red and blue alternately: 


I felt this was a more solid concept, and I can use the red and blue theme throughout different aspects of the book. I've looked at different binding methods and I feel a coptic bind would be suitable, as I can use red and blue thread together to bind it, and the thread will be exposed. 

I have included my copy in the book, and I have chosen this layout:


I chose this layout because I wanted the main focus to be the image. I would like to spot varnish the text, so it's still visible, but barely. This will ensure that the first thing the viewer sees is the big impact of both images. The layout will be the same on every page, to ensure maximum impact. I haven't used a grid here, because it wasn't really relevant. The layout is the same on every page and this was easy to achieve with the align tool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment