Friday 9 October 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 2 | FEEDBACK

After getting some feedback from the crit I realised I needed to make some changes to my logo. This is what I presented: 




The feedback that I received was quite mixed. The main thing that I took from the crit was that the logo probably doesn't need the type. People also said that I should stick to 1 character design as the main logo, and use the other ones as supporting characters on other areas, although thinking about this in context means it would be more expensive to produce. 

I looked on The Bagelry's website and they have 4 different types of bagel: sweet, savoury, seasonal and experimental, so maybe I could create a menu with 4 supporting characters for these different types. 

I decided to experiment with just using 1 bagel with no type:



I think this is more effective as a logo, although there is a danger people could think it's a donut. I think that the name is quite self-explanatory though and most of the customers The Bagelry has are returning and loyal, so they'll understand what it is. I think the block colour bagel looks the best and is easier to apply to different collateral. I created some mockups using this bagel, and sticking to mainly black, white:





I think this is a lot more effective than what I had before. It looks much more like a logo and is instantly recognisable. 

At this stage I need to consider my printing options. Screen printing could be a possible way of producing collateral. The Bagelry use all organic, preservative and additive free ingredients so I think a paper stock that is recycled could be a good choice. I think a stock and method that is as environmentally friendly as possible will be the most appropriate for this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment