Friday 16 January 2015

OUGD405 - Booklet Printing

As the booklet printer in the print room didn't do full bleed images, I decided to print my booklet out on separate sheets and staple them myself. I'm quite happy with how my booklet turned out, as I feel that if I had used the booklet printer, a white border would look less appealing on the pages that had solid colour. I printed out my booklet and cut down the pages using a guillotine. Once my booklet was stapled, a few pages looked out of line as I had used quite a thick stock - I used a thicker stock to make it feel more professional, as a thinner paper may be more susceptible to being ripped or damaged. I also noticed that the ink had split on the spine as I used a solid colour for the cover. This can be avoided by using a thinner stock so the ink doesn't have to stretch as much, or using stock of the same colour so there is no chance of the ink splitting. 










Overall I am happy with how my book has turned out. I am slightly disappointed with the spine cracking and the alignment of the pages, but other than that I it looks how I wanted it to and presents the art of taxidermy in a more modern way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment