Thursday 8 January 2015

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 4 Initial ideas

This brief is directly linked to brief 2, where we gathered information about a collection. This brief is asking us to find a problem within our collection/research and solve this with a product that we can make packaging or design for. 
Looking through my research and feedback I got from people in the crit, most people find taxidermy slightly creepy. I could try and tackle this by making some sort of ad campaign or a poster series etc to try and show people that taxidermy is a decorative piece of home ware.
I also noticed when looking through different taxidermy businesses, many of the branding and logo's were not up to a good standard. I could try and re-brand a taxidermy business, and make it look approachable to people that may not even be interested in taxidermy.
Finally, I got a comment from a few people that taxidermy is "old fashioned". I think that is the main problem with selling taxidermy. People see it as dated. I think that I could modernise the way people think about taxidermy, which could possibly be done in the way of a re-brand or create a large campaign to make taxidermy fit into the modern day. 

These are my initial ideas that I'm going to take into the crit, hopefully I'll be able to decide on one and have definite direction after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment