Wednesday 14 January 2015

OUGD405 - Studio brief 4 Website design

Following the leaflet I decided to make a mock-up of a website home page design that I think would work and be more interesting than the original ones I looked at. Firstly, I started at the top with logo and navigation bar: 



This looks simple and easy to use. Next, I started adding more colour and extra information: 


I wasn't as keen on this layout as the first. I think it has too much wasted space, so I tried moving them around and putting the logo back in the middle: 


I also added an image for the photo-reel. I think the actual taxidermy should be saved for the gallery section so people can see the types they want. I still don't think the text "Get Stuffed!" and "london based taxidermist" look right where they are. I had another try at moving them around to see if I could get them to look any better: 


After looking at it again, I decided to get rid of "Get Stuffed!" as it's said further down and it was making it hard to lay out. I made the logo smaller and centered it, and placed "London based taxidermist" beneath it. I also got rid of the "about" and changed the typeface to roboto light, and centered it. I think this looks better as it gives a consistent feel to all of the website. I have also split the information beneath that into two columns so it is easier to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment