Thursday 19 May 2016

OUGD505 | STUDIO BREIF 2 | EVALUATION

Product, Range, Distribution is one of the briefs I'm most proud of in level 5. As it was the final brief, there was a lot of time and effort placed solely on this project. This allowed me to really focus on the deliverables and produce a well rounded submission.

Having freedom with the context of the brief was very refreshing, and choosing something social/political/ethical was extremely relevant to my interests outside of graphic design. Combining the two was really enjoyable for this brief.

The overall resolutions to this brief were produced to a high standard. Working with illustrators was something I'd done before this year (responsive collaborative brief), though setting them the brief myself was a much better experience. Being able to tailor their style to my project was also extremely rewarding when the final pieces were put together.

Creating something for a cause that I'm passionate about, and relating it to graphic design and the area that I enjoy made me more enthusiastic about the whole brief. I set myself high standards and was able to complete them. Using methods I was comfortable with (e.g. digital processes) allowed me to create quality work at a fast pace.

Overall this is one of my most successful briefs and I'm pleased with the outcome. The only issue I have with the deliverables is the activity folder. Proper planning could have made it a lot neater, rather than sticking the pockets on at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment