Tuesday 3 May 2016

OUGD505 | STUDIO BREIF 2 | CONTACTING ILLUSTRATORS

The activity book needs to feature a lot of illustrations, bright colours and textures to be appealing to the target market. As I am not as confident in my abilities as an illustrator, I put out a post on Facebook and Twitter to try and get in touch with someone who was willing to work on my project.

Megan Swan

I contacted Meg - a first year illustration student, through Facebook as I had seen some of her work before, and felt she could create the aesthetic I wanted. She seems extremely hard working and can turn around great results quickly. She responded positively, and even though she still has deadlines on she is willing to help with the project!







Beth Ewens

Beth responded to my posts on social media after I had agreed to work with Meg. She sent me some examples of her work and explained that she had finished all of her university work so she was free to work on the project! After looking at her work, I felt she was quite varied in illustration and could easily fit to the aesthetic I wanted.







Splitting the workload between two illustrators means the work will get done faster and I can focus on creating the content for the activity book and other deliverables.

No comments:

Post a Comment