Tuesday 10 November 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 3 | FEEDBACK

The feedback I got given for my book was really positive and helpful. My binding had loosened even more by the time it came around to the crit, and the pages started to come away from eachother:


Because of this, I don't feel its appropriate to keep this bind. I'd considered using PVA glue to stick the pages together, over the top of the stitching, but theres a danger of the spine looking messy and the thread not working as it should. As there are already holes in my book, I thought about changing it to a Japanese stab fold. This idea was popular, and I could use the folding machine at Vernon Street to add a permanent crease to the stock so it's easy to fold, rather than struggling with the thick stock. I think this is a better idea, and will make my book look more professional and tactile.

No comments:

Post a Comment