Thursday 5 November 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 3 | PRINTING

After being happy with my change in aesthetic, I decided to move on and print my booklet. As I am considering a coptic bind, the book was printed in single sheets. The stock I chose is a high shine double sided, thick stock that is pure white. I wanted the colours to stand out more than anything, so using a white stock was the best option. I wanted the images to have a high quality, shiny look to them, which is why I opted for a glossy stock rather than a matte. I'd say this stock is more durable than a matte, because matte can get scratched and permanently damaged. As it's not SUPER gloss, this stock is not susceptible to finger prints either.

Overall I'm happy with the way my book has turned out! The colours look really vibrant and stand out on the pure white of the stock. The book has many pages and is a substantial size, which I was worried about at the start of the project.








No comments:

Post a Comment