Thursday 5 November 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 3 | STOCK

To enhance the images in my publication, I'd really like to print on glossy paper. This would be quite hard to find, and could be quite expensive since the gloss needs to be on both sides. I looked at the stock available in Fred Aldous, as they have a wide range of colours and they also stock the G.F Smith colour plan range:


Looking at this stock inspired me, but I wasn't sure about using coloured stock since I had duo tone images, and I wanted them to stand out as much as possible. A white, glossy stock would be most appropriate for this, I feel, so I talked to James in the print room. He suggested quite a thick stock that was quite shiny, and when it's printed, the ink becomes quite shiny so the images will stand out. I decided to go with that stock, and I'm happy with how it turned out!


As you can see from this image, there is a slight glare from the lights on the pages, but I think this gives it more of a high quality feel, and invites you to look at the pages from different angles, and actually feel the book and turn it around etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment