Friday 20 March 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 3 - Gallery Visits

This week we went on a tour of a few galleries around Leeds and in Wakefield. This trip gave us a sense of how to work with a space, and I found it quite useful to think about an exhibition in this context as I've never really thought about it before. 

The first thing I noticed was the signage around the exhibitions. Everything was well sign-posted and you knew where you were and how to get to something else:






The signage was clear and simple, using a sans serif typeface for maximum readability. I think this will help us when creating our signage and collateral for the exhibition, as these are already successful designs. 

Another thing I noticed was how they worked with the space. Each piece had room to breathe and it wasn't over-crowded. I think this is something we need to consider, giving the limited space we have for our exhibition.





Overall I think the gallery visit was a success because it made me think about exhibitions in a different way and I thought about things to consider for our exhibition too. I think we need to be well aware of the space and how the work is going to be hung, also how the exhibition is sign posted and how we display the information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment