Thursday 12 March 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 3 - Day 4

Today my group decided that the 3 posters they liked the best were:




I'm happy with these posters as a set because they all have a clear focus. They all involve the A4 squares and colour scheme. If we were to have a bigger budget, we would use all 3 posters, but if the budget restrictions don't allow us to have 3 poster variations, we'll be going with this:


I also started work on the invites. Initially we were going to do them A6 landscape, and this is what I came up with: 



Although this design had all of the elements of the posters I created, I didn't think they looked amazing. I decided to create a portrait version to see if I could work with the space better:


I much prefer this design, as it has a direct link to one of the posters, and if we only use one poster the at least the background design will be used here. I also made the text fit into an A4 proportioned sized square on the back. I feel that this invite is more appropriate (the text isn't final yet), and looks more professional. 

We also discussed how other people were getting on with their tasks and to see if all of our designs matched. This is what Joel has made (sinage and name tags):







He was also in charge of creating the flyers. We decided to have them A6 but when they were put together into an A4 sized shape they came together and created something:


 



I think they all work well together so far, hopefully we can get a strong concept together for the interim crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment