Monday 9 March 2015

OUGD404 - Studio Brief 2 Savoury Recipes

For the rest of my savoury recipes I kept within the same style of the first page I created. The typeface used is Questa as it's a serif font which can be related to expensive, fancy and indulgent things, though Questa isn't over the top or illegible. 
The next recipe in my savoury section is Mashed potato casserole with gouda and bacon. I found an image online that was high quality:


The dimensions of this image made it so that the picture wouldn't be able to fit on one page without looking too zoomed in. I used a brown background to make the page look more filled in and used the image to fill half of the page, coupled with a title in white. 


After I had the title page created, the instructions were next. They were quite easy to arrange because there was a nice amount of text for the page. I kept the top of the text in line with the title on the other page, to make it look neat and tidy. The ingredients were on the left followed by the instructions:


My next dish was Rib Eye Steak with Gorgonzola butter and crispy sweet onion rings. The image I used was big enough to fill the entire right hand side page, so I kept that on there and put the title and text all on the same side. As there was a lot of text for this dish, I decided to use columns to arrange it. I separated the instructions into each part of the dish (the steak, then the butter, then onion rings) and each had their own column:


I was happy with this page and moved onto the next dish, which was Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatos. The title went above the image on this page, as when I left it at its original size there was room at the top for the title to fit nicely:


As the amount of text for this dish wasn't very large, I decided to fit all of it into one column and place it at the left of the page, to create a nice amount of white space to let the page breathe.


My final savoury dish is Chicken Chow Mein. This dish is very popular at takeaways, so I wanted to give it a luxurious twist. I found a nice image I could use, showing the dish in a nice setting and looking clean - not like a greasy takeaway:


As the image was square, I zoomed it in to fit the page and had the title and instructions on the right page:


I played around with InDesigns text feature to give me the large C for both chicken and chow, and I thought this was a nice addition because it reminds me of old style books with large decorative letters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment