Thursday 2 April 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 4 Idea Development

After some days thinking of my ideas, I've decided that I want to create a small booklet or pocket guide that involves tips on how to cope at university in general. I want to separate this guide into 4 sections, stress, money, friends and family. I feel these 4 things are what you need to learn to cope with while living on your own, especially at university. I want to involve some of my own experiences in this guide, and make it quite humorous and relatable too.
I think an A6 booklet will be appropriate, and I can also incorporate what I've learnt throughout the year in the book, including layout, type and grids. I also want to take a more hand rendered approach to this brief, as it's not my usual style and I want to develop my skills further. 
I haven't thought of a solid title for my book yet, but I think just "Coping" could work quite well. I want the book to have quite a fun style, and be quite post-modern within my approach, because I think that's more relatable and approachable than something modernist.

No comments:

Post a Comment