Wednesday 22 April 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 4 Changes

After the interim crit, I found it hard to think of a name for my book. Coping seemed the most suitable to me, because thats what the book was about - how to cope on your own and make the most of your time at university without worrying. I didn't want to instill fear into the first years because of the title, so I thought about just calling it "enjoy". The front cover would read "enjoy level 4 graphic design at LCA", which sounds suitable. Although the book covers a broad range of support (stress, money, friends and family), it is specifically from my own experiences as a level 4 graphic design student, and I would want everyone who starts next year to feel as comfortable as possible.



I think this cover gives a more positive spin on first glance. It makes the colours seem warmer and more inviting, and the cover its self looks friendly and fun.

I also changed the stress spread, because I wanted the book to have a similar layout throughout, I noticed that the gradient on the stress page was different to all of the other pages. The pages that had the rectangular text box on them had a different design - they didn't have a gradient in the background, it was the large text that was the gradient pattern, so I changed it:



Now it fits in with the other pages:





No comments:

Post a Comment