Saturday 4 April 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 4 Creating the booklet

After my decision I decided to try scanning in some hand rendered textures and scribbles that I drew to include in my book. I wanted the cover to be bright and appealing. I tried using some of the textures I had scanned in:




I made them into brushes on Photoshop so they could be easily manipulated. I created a cover for the booklet and experimented with different textures, colours and overlapping of brushes: 




I wasn't really sure about this, although I do love the pink and blue combination at the moment, I didn't really feel the style was for me, or that it fit the context of the book. I tried creating something on photoshop using shapes and colours, rather than scanned in textures, which is more my traditional style:

I liked the gradient and the colours represent being calm and relaxed, which is what new students need to be at the beginning of the year. I decided to extend this pattern to the back cover too, and add in what would be involved in the book:

I experimented with different typefaces too as I wanted it to look friendly and approachable:



I'm not quite sure these typefaces work with this design, and I think the lowercase works better in this sense, as it shows friendliness and the uppercase looks too serious and like its shouting at you, which isn't what I want to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment