Wednesday 8 April 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 4 Money

The next section of my book was the money section. I decided to start this by first getting down the advice I wanted to say. I wanted to make sure the new students were re-assured, and that money wasn't something to worry about too much. Everyone struggles with money at university and its perfectly normal to be a bit flustered because its the first time ever dealing with something like this. The advice I gave was:

"Money is a big problem thats always on everyones mind at university. One thing I would say is don’t worry! You’re definitely not the only one with money problems, I can guarantee no one else has any money either. What you need to do if you’re struggling is make a clear budget plan and make sure you don’t overspend what you have for the next month or week. If you have an overdraft, don’t be afraid to use it, but remember you’re going to have to pay that money back some day! I would say to treat yourself now and again, but don’t go wild. It’s important  that you enjoy yourself at uni so make sure you have enough to have fun at the weekends, but also enough to cure your hangover the day after!"

After I had my content, I started to create the title page. The first design I came up with was this:


I wanted to include this title, but I felt that the colours needed to be changed. The money colour scheme should be blue/green, as that is the next colour of the gradient. I decided to simplify this down and came up with this design:


The next page was money tips, and I wanted the gradient to feature more into this to emphasise the colour change throughout the book:


No comments:

Post a Comment