Wednesday 18 February 2015

OUGD406 - Initial Ideas

My initial ideas for this project was to focus on the title of the book "looking closer" and play around with that, but also make it suitable for the content. As I stated previously, I don't think an illustration based cover would be applicable for this book because the entire book is just text. 
My first thought for the book was to do an illusion on the front, so you had to effectively look closer to see what the title is. Something like this:







I looked up some tutorials of how to make these kinds of covers and I came up with this:


The way this design works is you have to actually be further away from the cover for you to be able to tell what it is. My only concern about this is how well it would work as a screen print.

No comments:

Post a Comment