Tuesday 3 February 2015

OUGD404 - What is a book? Studio Brief 2 Study Task 2

For study task 2 we were asked to create a booklet that gives instructions of how to make it, using one of the folds we looked at in a previous session. I chose a triangle fold, as it was the most interesting of our folds. 
To make the booklet, I first made a list of all the instructions needed to make it. As there are only 6 pages for the inside they needed to be quite concise. 
My instructions were: 

- Take an A4 piece of paper
- Make it into a square
- Fold in half diagonally
- Fold in half vertically on both sides
- Push the sides together
- Fold in half

Once I had my 6 instructions, I made a test booklet and wrote down the instructions so then I could unfold it and see what needs to go where on illustrator and if anything needs to be upside down, etc. 






I used guides to help me split the page and section them off so I knew how much room I had. I made sure that none of the pages would overlap or cut off.
Here is the printed booklet: 



Overall I'm happy with the booklet, I'm not sure if I like the typeface I used, though I wanted my booklet to be quirky and fun, it conveys that message well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment