Wednesday 26 November 2014

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 01: Frame Shape research

This week we were introduced to our next module, Design Process, and our first module briefing which is called Frame Shape.
We have been asked to design the backing paper that goes in a photo frame in 3 different sizes that all work as a set, using shape as the main concept.
I have a few ideas, which involve using different shapes for the different sizes, but keeping the same style so that they still work as a set. The different sizes could be colour coded, or all in the same colour but a different aesthetic so they still look part of a set.
I conducted some research into already existing photo frame backing paper from places such as Next and Urban Outfitters:








These photo frames from Next seemed quite classy and elegant, but I also found them quite boring. The majority of them are in black and white and they seem to all look part of a set, which is something I need to consider.





These frames are from urban outfitters, and I think these designs appeal to me more. They're quite funky and fit well with the frame. They draw you in and compliment the frame well, which makes you want to buy it even more. I think this is the sort of style I'm aiming for when creating my photo frame backing paper, as I think this appeals to me more so than the other frames I've looked at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment