Tuesday 4 November 2014

OUGD403 - Studio Brief 03: Message & Delivery - Research Final Crit

For this crit, I needed to present my final outcome for the brief, which was to present my research into the dead heart transplant story in an appropriate way.
Firstly, I had to gather my research. I was looking into the impact that religion has on whether people want to be an organ donor or not. I asked my peers and posted on social media about it, giving me primary research that I could use for my leaflet. I asked people "Does your religious choice effect your decision to be an organ donor?", and the response I got was fairly one sided. A lot of my friends on Facebook and Twitter were all very open minded, and their religion usually encouraged them to donate their organs after death. 
I looked at comments on newspaper articles to see if I could find anyone that was against organ donation, and I did find a few. I put these quotes with my research and started designing the leaflet. Originally my idea was to have the leaflet heart shaped, but when I made a rough version, it was quite flimsy and didn't have much room for information:



I decided to go for a standard A4 size leaflet that had the edges folded in. I thought the colour scheme should resemble the story, so I went with dark pink and reds. I designed the front of the leaflet to be quite simple but also eye-catching:





The inside was arranged so that the main part of the leaflet was given to the story, what I researched and what I found out. The left side has quotes from the people who were for organ donation, and the right side has the quotes from the people who were against organ donation.


The feedback that I got from this brief was overall positive. Everyone liked the colour scheme and said that the front of the leaflet was striking. The information that I found was interesting and it is a good starting point for my next brief. Generally speaking I am happy with my outcome for this brief, I feel like I have met the requirements and I have a good amount of research to move on from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment