Monday 10 November 2014

OUGD403 - Studio Brief 4 - Interim crit

Today we had a crit for Studio brief 4. In this brief, we have to find a message in our news stories that we researched, and convey this message using 3 posters, one image only, one text only and one using both image and text. For this brief, I decided that I would make a poster campaign trying to persuade people to not donate their organs. I had a few initial ideas and drew them out roughly:


These were some rough ideas and developments that I started my designs off. I tried to do as many designs as I could to get a varied idea of what to make my final designs.


As the brief states we have to make the posters look part of a matching set, I decided to give that a go and make 3 posters that look similar and convey the same message.


Here is a quick drawing that I made of some of the organs in a coffin, lying down as though they look asleep, and happily dead. I was thinking about putting the phrase "let them rest" above the drawing, as I don't think the drawing on its own conveys the right message.



I was mainly focusing on the religious side of the argument, but I thought that if these people are religious, a lot of people are already going to be against organ donation anyway, so I decided to broaden my audience by using words people are familiar with, such as YOLO:



The feedback that I got from my crit was more around the idea and the message, rather than the actual work its self. People said I was making it harder for myself, as this isn't a view that I believe in, so I decided to slightly tweak my message. Instead of saying "DON'T DONATE", I'm going to try and convey that if you don't want to donate you're organs, that's okay. It's going to make people feel better about themselves and show them that they can make their own decisions in life without having to feel guilty. 
I feel like I'm not giving myself much time here, but I think this will be a more successful campaign, as it will appeal to more people and have a better message, rather than being very negative and harsh, its more about making people feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment