Tuesday 4 November 2014

OUGD403 - Organ Donation Poster Research

For studio brief 4, I have decided to look at organ donation in a negative way. Some people that I researched wouldn't give up their organs after their death due to religious reasons, so I'm going to look at their side of the argument, and do a series of 3 posters that promote not donating your organs.
I'm going to do some research into organ donation campaigns and see how they layout their designs and what they include on their posters.



This poster is quite simple and bold. It has only used 2 colours and sends out a clear message. I think this is important when designing a poster, it has to be easily and quickly read.


This poster has more detail to it, with a script typeface used over the top of a condensed sans serif. It is also quick and to the point, but with a lot more detail, it's not as in-your-face as the first one. I don't feel that this poster is as effective, but I like the aesthetic of it.


This poster is quite serious, it has dark reds and it signifies danger and death. It is trying to scare someone into becoming a donor, rather than trying to convince them in a supportive way. I think this poster is quite effective but I don't think it would appeal to a lot of people, rather deter them from becoming an organ donor.

Just from these 3 posters I have a better understanding of what I would like to do for my poster design. I think its important to be quick and to the point when designing a poster, but you also have to engage with the viewer in a positive way to encourage them to agree with you (most of the time). When it's something as big a decision as giving away your organs upon death, I think it's important to be friendly and guide someone through their decision, while still being straight to the point and blunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment