Saturday 2 January 2016

OUGD503 | YCN | LOGO IDEAS

To start off this brief, I thought about taking a more hand rendered approach to appeal to my target audience. The main aspect that appeals to my target audience is nice lettering, so using hand rendered lettering seemed like the most appropriate. 


I began with designing the logo. Feel Good Drinks needs a complete re-brand to suit its new demographic, catching their eye with a fun, bright and quirky juice drink is the main aim. A logotype works well in this situation, and I’d like to update the current logo to make it more youthful - but not childish. 

To start off I needed a distinct look for Feel Good, so I experimented with ink and drew out a rough alphabet. 


I also experimented with creating a logo using ink:


Ink and paint isn't really my forte, so I tried drawing out a logo with a fine-liner and got a rough idea of what I wanted. 


I wanted the logo to look happy and be a recognisable shape within its self, without needing any images. The curved line at the bottom of the logo acts as a "mouth" for a smiley face created using the O's for eyes, which is something users may not notice for a while. I took this into Illustrator and vectorised it, neatening it up and smoothening any bumps. 


I also vectorised the alphabet that I created, and used it to create some type for the bottles: 




Although this text fit the demographic and my idea, I didn't quite feel that it was refined enough. I decided to look back at the logo, and see if I could create something similar using a typeface. I experimented with a few different typefaces and re-arranging the composition to create this version of the logo:




The typeface is called Remachine Script. Its quite a retro typeface, but the letters in the logo seem to work, and don't seem to give an "American Diner" feel to it. 


This logo is more successful than any hand-renered creation that I could do myself. I feel that sticking to my strengths and skills will allow me to create something appropriate to the audience and the brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment