Tuesday 5 January 2016

OUGD503 | YCN | FEEDBACK

Showing my work to other students gave me some good feedback regarding concepts for the website and design of the bottles. I also mentioned that I was considering creating an app to go along with the website, but I wasn't really sure what I could include in it. My main inspiration for this was the Dumb Ways to Die app, which was originally a video created by Metro Trains in Melbourne.

The response to the design of the bottles was positive, and many people said that a glass bottle rather than a plastic bottle looks much better and more of a premium product.

Regarding the website, some tweaks could be made to fill in the white space in the background (as it looks too harsh) and make some of the type smaller. They suggested using the teardrop shape in the background/around the edges to create more of a decorative feel, and make it less clinical.

I also mentioned the idea of my previous idea, which uses descriptive words that appear after the drink has been consumed. Everyone really liked this idea, and have suggested that I should try and include this in my designs on the bottles, and also on the website.

When I mentioned the app, people weren't really convinced that it would be a substantial idea until someone suggested that the app could be focussed towards encouraging a healthy lifestyle. The app could include a calorie counter/meal planner that helps people meet their fitness goals and encourages drinking Feel Good as part of their healthy diet.

Overall, I'm pleased with the feedback I've received. I knew that my ideas weren't completely finished, and now I have some areas of improvement that I can work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment