Friday 19 February 2016

OUGD505 | STUDIO BRIEF 1 | INITIAL IDEAS

Researching into other re-designed banknotes has helped me with determine which way to go with my project. Running with the theme of sustainability, my initial idea was to feature iconic natural landscapes and use UV ink over the top to show the pollution and damage that is occurring with climate change.


Talking to tutors and peers and discussing my idea, it seemed like a good idea to make a global currency, as climate change is a global problem. A bank note design could be produced for each of the continents, and new global currency will have to be created with at least 7 denominations.

Creating a new currency name that wasn't attached to any part of the world was quite difficult. I knew I wanted a simple, catchy one-word name. Not spending too long on this part of the project, I decided to go with Credits. Its simple and timeless.

The seven continents all have their own issues including climate change. Doing some quick research into what could happen in each continent I complied this list:

Africa - reduced biodiversity, drought
Antartica - ice melting
Asia - air pollution
Europe - extreme weather
North America - heat waves/wildfire/drought
Oceana - hole in the ozone layer
Sough America - oil spills/deforestation

Further research needs to be done into climate change and what causes it in each different region.

No comments:

Post a Comment