Wednesday 3 February 2016

OUGD503 | SECRET 7 | DEVELOPMENT

After creating something that was heavily based on photogrpahy and editing, I decided to divert away from that and create something more vector based.

Looking at works by Tom Haugomat made me very inspired, and prompted me to experiment with vibrant, surreal colours and landscapes.




I looked at some landscapes online as a reference, and started to create my own versions by drawing them out and vectorising them. 



This was my first attempt, although it was quite difficult to create all of the details I wanted using only flat blocks of colour. I decided to try a different scene which was taken from a more suitable angle. The next development was based on this image: 




Adding the trees proved too difficult and didn't fit right with the simplicity of the design. The final development features more muted, purple pinks with a very pale sun in the sky. 

The barren landscape represents the loneliness of the male lead's part in the song. The minimal design represents how he doesn't want to know any details of his crush's relationship, The Less I Know The Better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment