Wednesday 30 September 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 1 | FURTHER RESEARCH

For my content to be the most informed, I need to research into the actual design process as I can't use just my own experience. I found this image that is quite tongue and cheek, but also very appropriate for this brief:




I like the graphs that they use, as it's a nice visual aid to go with the information. I also quite like the colours they have used to illustrate different processes, as it makes the information easier to understand. This visual process is more of a flowchart, that goes back to stages if you wish. 


This example of the design process is split into 4 stages, and has a more linear design. I think the information on this design is more clear and it's backed up with supporting body text. This way of displaying the design process has it's strengths, but I feel that a more cyclic approach is more appropriate for visualising the design process. 

I think I'd like to incorporate a cyclic concept within my own leaflet, as I feel like it's more true to the actual design process.  

I want to split my design process into stages for my leaflet, because when I'm designing something myself I feel like there are defined stages. I've found a website that explains the design process in 7 stages: 

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/steps-designers-complete-project/

Project Initiation
Research
Strategy
Development
Presentation/Refinement
Production/Launch

For me, I feel like the main stages of design are centered more around the feedback. I personally feel that the main stages of the process are:

Receiving the Brief
Research
Initial Ideas
Feedback (through out the process)
Development
Production

I'm going to use all of the research I've done to create my own content for my leaflet.

No comments:

Post a Comment