Monday 28 September 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 1 | THE DESIGN PROCESS

Design production is the first module we have been introduced to this year. We were briefed into studio brief 1, titled The Design Process. We have 1 week to finish this brief so the design decisions need to be made quickly.

For this brief we must produce a leaflet entitled "The Design Process", that describes our understanding of the design process. We must consider the design/layout of the leaflet, the folds, stock, and the information that goes inside it.

My own design process consists of being in a comfortable position with a cup of tea/hot food and firstly skim reading the brief. I make notes and start to analyse the brief fully. After that, I begin to research appropriately via the internet and books and document it on my blog. I also use websites like designspiration and pinterest to gain inspiration.
Next, I start to consider how I want to solve the problem. I come up with a timescale and a budget for myself/client and begin my initial ideas. I create rough sketches, make lists of possible ideas, and engage in discussions with other students/creatives. Once I've had some feedback on my initial ideas, I'm able to develop them further either digitally or physically (on paper). After I've created some solid ideas, I'm able to gain more feedback and consider what my final outcome will be. At this point I need to review my timescale and budget, as the project is almost finished I'll need to make sure it's on time and still affordable. I need to consider the stock choices and printing processes.
Once I have my final outcome, it's time to print and present!

I will be using my own personal experiences within my leaflet, but this will also be accompanied by further research and comparing with my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment