Friday 4 December 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 4 | MOCKUPS AND CRIT

Once I had my aesthetic nailed down, I mocked up my ideas onto an actual computer.



This makes it look more realistic and its easier to visualise how the website will actually feel when its being used. I also started to mock up the mobile version, but didn't get very far with this as I'm not very experienced with mobile design:

I wanted to keep the liquified text in the background, and the clue should be the main part of the website,  but it didn't fit on correctly as the screen is much thinner. I decided to put part of the clue coming in from the left side where it cuts off on the right, although  I still have a lot of white space left with no information to fill it with. I added a bar at the side with a little arrow that lets you view the navigation of the website. This definitely needs more work, but I kept it like this to take into the crit, as I didn't want to put a lot of work into something that needs to be changed. 

These are the images I took into the crit along with the mockups:


Tour Poster

 Website after launch


 Week 1


 Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

The overall response was positive. I got some really good information about the actual process of building a website, including H1-H6 type sizes, the break point of screen sizes, aspect ratio and accessibility. 

The response to my concept was met with positivity, though people said that I could improve this by making it work with social media too. People could share the gif to their social media with their thoughts or if they've figured it out. It was also suggested that when each clue is added, it would be nice to see previous clues too. There should be a pre-order button for the new album somewhere on the main page as well. 

The aesthetic and layout was generally good, though small tweaks could be made to the size of the navigation and social media buttons. The liquified text could also be all around the edge of the page rather than in one corner, to make sure that the information is all central. 

Overall I'm pleased with this feedback, I felt like I had stagnated a little with this project and some fresh opinions has really helped. Now I can make some improvements to the site and hopefully engage the audience to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment