Wednesday 16 December 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 4 | EVALUATION

This brief was a lot different to the others in this module. It has broadened my horizons within design and opened up a new area of expertise that I haven't really considered before.

I really enjoyed being briefed by industry professionals. The way Only delivered the briefing was fresh and fun, and I really felt like this is how it would be in a proper working environment. They gave us a lot of freedom, and let us create something our own way.

Going into this brief I was quite nervous, and didn't really have any initial ideas to start with. This worried me a little bit, because usually when I first hear a brief I start getting an idea of what I'd like to do straight away. This helped me in the long run though, as we had 4 weeks until the crit with Only and it let me develop my idea gradually until I finally created something I was happy with.

I didn't really know where to start, so I just followed my usual design process. Researching into artists and successful campaigns definitely helped as it gave me more of an idea of how to approach this brief. Once I had decided on an artist, I conducted further research into them and how they usually promote themselves. As they are an established band they have an older fan-base, so their website was quite hard to use and not very well made (as it probably isn't used much). A number of the fans are more used to posters and announcements, rather than using the internet.

I decided to keep the fans at the heart of my campaign, and reward them by using the new campaign website. Clues for a secret gig will be revealed each week on the website leading up to the launch of the new album. The users will be able to comment on the website (without having to sign up - they will just be anonymous users), to build hype among themselves. I also wanted a big emphasis on social media, so users who have social media have the option to share the clues and discuss with a wider audience what they think.

Overall, I feel I've come to a successful conclusion to this brief. Even though it wasn't my strong point, and I'm definitely new to this field of design, I developed my idea with the help of classmates and the feedback from Only, and have produced something I feel is appropriate for my audience and client.

No comments:

Post a Comment