Friday 4 December 2015

OUGD504 | STUDIO BRIEF 4 | FURTHER DEVELOPMENT

I decided to scrap the idea of using the sunshine, because I found it difficult to incorporate it into the website and the whole aesthetic wasn't working. I started experimenting with the gifs again, trying to make them as illegible as possible but still being able to make out what it's saying. I wanted the fans to engage with this and really think about what the website is telling you.

Obviously here the type is very legible. The movements are very flow-y and subtle. I decided to make this quite clear so that the user can tell what the album is actually called. I moved onto the 2nd week, making the clue for the coordinates.

This gif is more confusing than the first one, it has 4 sets of coordinates and only 1 is the correct set. The correct coordinates are for Chicago, where the band is from and where they played many of their first gigs. Dedicated fans of the band will research into the coordinates and will understand where the gig is going to be played.

This is a gif for the 3rd week which tells the user the date of the show in roman numerals. I'm still undecided whether this gif should be more distorted, and not have it easily readable at the beginning. I think the clues should be quite difficult to work out, but not impossible. 


The final clue is a lyric from one of their earlier songs, which reads "And the embers never fade in your city by the lake, the place where you were born". This lyric is about Chicago, and it will confirm any fans who already have suspicions about the clues. 

I began mocking these up on a website, striping it back and making it cleaner with an emphasis on using black and white only. I played around with the liquify tool while distorting the gifs, and I created a decorative element that could be used on all parts of the campaign. It was originally the album name in a bold typeface, and I think it looks effective coupled with the distorted gifs.


This would be website week 1. The new album name is displayed in the center of the main information, making it the focal point of the page. I mocked this up using the other gifs too and I feel this is a much better response to the original work that I created. The website is clean, easy to navigate and wont confuse my target audience, which would predominantly be 40-50 year old males. The younger audience would also be able to interact with the site through the social media links which are placed at the bottom of the page. 


I adapted the tour poster using the same process of liquifying the text and keeping it very minimal. The older audience will probably appreciate this more, as a physical element to the campaign is what they're more used to seeing and will look out for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment