Thursday 4 December 2014

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 02 Briefing

Earlier this week we had our briefing for studio brief 2. This brief is all about collections and documenting research. I found this brief hard to come up with ideas as I don't have many collections myself, but me and my flatmate who studies photography at LCA came up with an idea.
I am going to base my project on taxidermy, as it is sometimes seen as quite controversial and I think I could create something interesting out of it. My flatmate is interested in taxidermy, and said we could team up for this project and he'll allow me to use any pictures he can take.
I think this will be interesting for me as I haven't really thought much about taxidermy before, and will allow me to form my own educated opinions about it, as well as designing something aesthetically pleasing to display to my peers to show everything that I have found out.
So far I have researched into facts about taxidermy and asked a few people over social media what their opinions on it are.
I need to consider how I'm going to display my research, but I don't think a presentation is the best way to get this across. I think a visually pleasing display of some sort would be better than a verbal presentation, but I need to figure out what I want to do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment