Monday 8 December 2014

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 02 Interim Crit

Today we had our studio brief 02 interim crit. I discussed my idea about taxidermy and I feel like it's what I should go for. I am looking to have images like this: 



My flatmate is hopefully going to get me these images over the christmas holidays, and if not, I'll gather my images from the internet or books, or visit some museums. 

I am also considering ways in which my research could be presented. Here are some ideas that I have thought about:
- Scrap book
- Zine
- Exhibition/display
- Double sided cards

I particularly like the idea of printing out my designs so that they are interactive. People can touch them, pick them up and look at them at their own pace. I think I am going to seriously consider printing them out on double sided card, so that on one side it has statistics, and on the other side facts, for example. I could design these in a way so that they look vintage and interesting. I think this idea would be more successful than a verbal presentation, because talking about taxidermy and going through each statistic and fact one by one wouldn't be very engaging. This way, I can incorporate my design skills and make my research look interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment